From my personal experiences with people I have learnt that the first casualty of anger is your tongue !!
Watch How You React !!
We have all been there, when someone says or does something that just gets to you so bad, you start feeling that word vomit coming up and sometimes once it starts you can't stop or maybe you are just so upset you don't want to stop it. You start reacting and saying things that on any normal given day, you wouldn't dream of saying. However, you are angry, you are mad, your blood is boiling, you are thinking how dare they think they can get away with that. You are not one to be messed with and you are going to put them in their place.
Problem with that is, sometimes what was said or done, may not be as bad as we think it was, or maybe it wasn't even true. Maybe the other person was having a bad day, maybe you were having a bad day.
As much as you may feel better getting it off your chest I urge you Not To Make The Best Speech You Will Ever Regret.
The following are a few simple techniques you can use to make sure that when you talk, you are calm and that you have thought over the situation and are ready and able to talk in a civilized manner, lose the attitude, and say things that get your point across, but are not damaging to yourself or the other person
* Take a deep breath
* Ask for clarification on what was said or done
* Walk away from the situation (it's alright to leave the situation sometimes)
* Count to 10, 20, 30, even 100 if you have to (just don't do it to loud the person may get a little nervous)
* Write out your thoughts, read them over, usually you will realize at that point if something sounds mean and nasty to say to someone
* Think hard, decide whether or not it is worth to even say anything at all
* Relax those tensed up muscles
* Speak in a regular tone, don't yell, or give someone too much attitude (often it's not what you say but how you say it)
Use whatever technique that works for you, maybe it will be a combination of a few that will help you to say what you need to say without regretting what you say !!
Remember only you have the choice to decide if you are going to make the greatest speech you will ever regret.